BeFit Financial Federal Credit Union (BFFCU) is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable its members to meet their financial needs and goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with member expectations is a high priority to everyone associated with this credit union.
B) General Policy
1) BFFCU will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business.
a) That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services and no more.
b) We collect this information about members from applications and other forms, information about member transactions with us, our affiliates or others, and information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
2) BFFCU discloses nonpublic personal information about its members and former members to companies that offer financial products and services, including insurance products and securities brokerage companies.
a) BFFCU also discloses nonpublic information to other nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
3) BFFCU will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements.
a) The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members’ economic well-being.
b) Under no circumstances will we authorize those firms to charge a member’s account without receiving their express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
4) Members that prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about them to nonaffiliated third parties may opt out of these disclosures, and direct us not to make those disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties.
a) To opt out, members may call us at 1-888-600-0550.
b) Members may also notify us in writing by mailing a request to 173 Plaza Drive Suite 1001, Vallejo, CA 94591, or by emailing email@example.com.
5) BFFCU will protect the personal information of its members.
a) This credit union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected.
b) We limit employee access to confidential member financial information to those employees with a business reason for knowing such information.
c) Additionally, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations.
6) All members will receive a copy of the Privacy Choices for Consumers and the Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) upon opening a new account and yearly thereafter as required by law.
B) Website Privacy
1) BFFCU does not collect information from members or other consumers who use our website for informational purposes.
2) For transactional services via the website, BFFCU will only utilize information from our members or account holders necessary to conduct the activity being requested.
3) BFFCU does not collect information on children under the age of 13 who use our website.
Credit Union Documents: